This is a great quick summer toast, combining brie, bread, and tomatoes for the perfect morning flavor combination. Might have to try this before heading out the door for work in the morning here while we’ve still got good tomatoes.
- Slices of crusty bread of choice (sourdough, roasted garlic, whichever you like best!)
- 2 T butter
- brie, sliced to taste (or in these cute little brie bite sizes that I got from Trader Joe’s)
- fresh thyme if you have it, otherwise, dried thyme to taste
- heirloom tomatoes of varying sizes, sliced thin
- honey and olive oil, to drizze
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 450. Rub the slices of bread with butter, and place in the oven for three to five minutes, until lightly toasted. Layer on the brie and tomato slices, and then return to the oven to cook for five minutes, until the brie is melted and the tomatoes wrinkle slightly. Turn on the broiler for one minute after the brie is melted to crisp it up a bit.
Then, add your thyme (and oregano, if you’re me), and drizzle with honey and olive oil, and a bit of sea salt and fresh ground pepper. And then, enjoy your quick summer breakfast!