So, this summer I’ve been trying my hand at infusing liquors, and I just made one of my all time favorites over the last two months. If you can get farmers market plums and blueberries for this, do so, it makes the resulting liquor taste amazing. This was supposed to be in one jar, but I only had the two quart jars, so I changed the recipe around a bit. Either way, the resulting liquor was the hit of the bachelorette party this weekend.
Blueberry Plum Vanilla Liquor
Makes 2 qt jars
- 2 c blueberries (split between the two jars)
- 1 lb (about 4) plums, quartered (split between the two jars)
- 1 vanilla bean, halved (I ended up splitting two vanilla beans and putting one in each jar)
- 1 c sugar (split between the two jars)
- 2 c vodka (I basically just filled the jars with vodka, so it was likely closer to 3 c total)
Combine all ingredients in your jars, and screw on the lids tightly. Store in a dark place. For the first week, shake the jar daily to ensure that the sugar fully dissolves. After that, let it sit for a minimum of two months. Then, strain some off and enjoy!