For the record, my weekend starts as soon as I’m out of the office Friday. 😛 As such, let’s get some spicy chicken going on up in here! Another recipe off of Budget Bytes, and again, for the most part, except for the chicken, coconut milk, and maybe the diced tomatoes, most of this should already be in your pantry! Yay cheap meals!
Lasts appx 4 meals
- 2 T olive oil
- Half of a large onion, diced (I used a cippolini, any kind you have on hand would work)
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (whatever amount works best for you, really)
- .5 T tumeric
- dash cumin and cinnamon and crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package chicken, diced (breast or thigh, I used boneless skinless thigh)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 1 13 oz(ish) can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Take the onion, garlic, and ginger and olive oil and saute until onions are tender. Add the spices and saute for an additional two minutes, and then add the diced chicken and saute until cooked (7 to 10 mins). Add the can of tomatoes and bay leaf, and then cover and let simmer for 30 mins. After 30 mins, turn off the heat, stir in the coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.